Sunday, December 11, 2011

Crown Tower Elections

After only a couple of weeks being a resident here at Omaha Crown Towers, there was a resident association election. I really didn't feel I knew anyone here well enough to vote, but I did. I abstained from the treasurer election because that is truly an office of trust, and since I didn't know the candidates, I opted out of that one.

The newly (and reelected) officers will be in office for two years. It is interesting to listen to the conversations held outside when all of the smokers hover together to smoke, talk, and socialize. There were many comments about the elections before they were held. Since the election, it's been very cold outside, so I haven't heard the latest opinions.

Quite a few people showed up for the elections, which I thought was very good. Complaining about how things are done just isn't productive if one isn't ready to vote to make changes. That's my two cents worth anyway.

Congratulations to those elected, and thanks to all who came to vote (even though the elections were delayed because Mr. Brice was late getting there ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment