Monday, January 9, 2012

OHA Motto? "Striving to do Better"--that's scary!

One of the first things I noticed when I moved in is a huge banner in the lobby that says "OHA_Striving to do Better". Well, as you can imagine, a HUGE red flag went up, but I must say that my first couple of months here have gone without much to complain about. Then my garbage disposal broke.

Now, I hadn't dropped a fork in there or anything. In fact, I rarely used it except for the fact that my sink would not drain water unless I ran the disposal. The day after Christmas, as I was draining the sink, it made a loud noise and quit working. I called OHA the next morning and left a message (You RARELY actually get to speak to a real person there). Let's see...the date on this post (and the day I am writing this) is January 09. Guess what? It still isn't fixed!

Calls to OHA result in the information that the order has been processed, sent back here to the tower, and it will be fixed...within 20 days. *blank stare, blink. Ok, so I make do. I manage to makeshift washing dishes by filling two pans with water, one with dish liquid and one to rinse. Although I bale out the sink often, there is standing water in there that just doesn't smell too good, folks.

Up next...You want me to WHAT?

No comments:

Post a Comment